Holy Nativity has a fine peal of Bells that are normally rung once a
month for the 10:00 am Sunday Mass.This picture was taken at the bell foundry just after the bells were inserted into the frame in 1931.
Trevor King, Churchwarden, is the Tower Captain.
"The church tower was built in 1931 with a new ring of eight bells, cast by Gillett & Johnston.
The Treble has a weight of 4cwt leading up to the Tenor at 12cwt. At the same time the church clock was installed. On16th January 1932 the tower bells and clock were dedicated by the Lord Bishop of Bristol. Unfortunately, following enemy action on 24th November 1940, the church was destroyed but the tower survived. The Tower also houses a set of Ellacombe Chimes in the ringing chamber, whereby one person can, by pulling a set of eight ropes, ring the bells."
Click below to hear the bells in full peal.
This is the magnificent tower that houses the ringing chamber and bell frame.