Holy Nativity, Knowle, Bristol
Open to God, Open to One Another, Open to the Community
Welcome to Holy Nativity!
With its distinctive green copper spire, the parish church of the Holy Nativity is visible from many places in Bristol. The church is located on the A37 Wells Road, the beautiful church of the Holy Nativity, Knowle was first consecrated in 1883 to serve the growing population of Knowle and Totterdown. This church was to replace the Chapel of the Holy Nativity, a plain structure of wood, which had been built previously in July 1865.
The site of Holy Nativity Church was given as a gift to the local community of Totterdown by Mr. S Goolden, who was anxious to convey that Holy Nativity Church should be established upon the true principles of the Anglo Catholic Creed. We are mindful therefore that when he donated the very ground upon which Holy Nativity Church stands on, Mr. S. Goolden did so in the understanding that Anglo Catholic principles and practices should characterise the teaching and the worship at Holy Nativity. That continues to this very day.
In 2015, we celebrated 150 years of Christian witness at Holy Nativity.
See also our Facebook page for Services - Search Holy Nativity, Knowle or just Click Here
Holy Nativity is affiliated to The Society and
is under the care of the Bishop of Oswestry.
Please see information on Safeguarding below:-
What's happening at Holy Nativity
Parish Mass 10.00am - The church is now open for public worship and the service is live streamed. Normal COVID restrictions still apply however.
This has been cancelled due to the interregnum. But it hoped that a lay led Morning Prayer can be arranged for the near future.
There are however booklets on Morning and Evening Prayer in the Download Resources section.